ALL FACULTY ASSOCIATION MISSION
Santa Rosa Junior College
Unanimously approved by the AFA Executive Council on April 23, 2014
The All Faculty Association is a professional membership association that advocates for ALL SRJC faculty.1
AFA secures optimum salary, benefits, and working conditions that foster the professionalism of ALL faculty.
Strategies for implementation of mission and values:
- Advocating for the professional interests of ALL faculty at the state and local levels;
- Representing ALL faculty through a democratically elected Executive Council;
- Negotiating the AFA/District contract on behalf of ALL faculty;
- Ensuring fair working conditions through a conciliation/grievance process that resolves personnel problems quickly and fairly;
- Providing prompt, accurate information and professional service via our office staff and website;
- Communicating with faculty through public meetings and regular publication of quality newsletters, bulletins, and detailed minutes of
our Executive Council meetings;
- Participating broadly in District shared governance and working cooperatively with faculty, staff, administration, and students to
sustain and enhance Santa Rosa Junior College's reputation as one of the finest community colleges in the nation;
- Increasing active membership in AFA.2
1 The Mission statement is an adaptation of the FACCC Mission statement.
2 The Vision and Strategies sections are adapted from the Foothill-DeAnza Faculty Association's Mission and Values statements.